Actions and Detail Panel
Socratic Design Workshop Cadaqués @ Mobile World Congress 2016
Fri, 26 Feb 2016, 08:30 – Sat, 27 Feb 2016, 18:00 CET
Cadaqués, February 26-27, 2016.
shift 2020 and Schwab Filosofia are organising this Socratic Design Workshop after the Mobile World Congress in Cadaqués, the pearl of the Costa Brava. This two-day workshop includes an overview of future transformative trends by our special guest and participant Gerd Leonhard.
This program is ideal for Executives and Startup Entrepreneurs.
Come and join us for this unique opportunity to learn to use the Socratic Design Method, get insights about the world we’re moving into rapidly, and learn how to transform and adapt your business to prepare for the perpetual technological changes ahead. In good company, in a unique atmosphere.
Global business leaders can transform their own business, only when knowing to transform themselves. Transforming one-self is not a strict personal matter: our ecology of the mind (including ideas, fallacies and assumptions) is in every one of us. Together in empathic interactions, we can kill destructive thoughts and create vital generative ones. Socratic design delivers this to happen and prepare better for the perpetual technological changes ahead.
- Explore how to transform your company, brand or project’s productivity
- Use new approaches to business agility and innovation within a given framework
- Generate new ideas for your business, products and teams
- Enjoy group and individual coaching sessions
Most of us have been programmed to function in an industrial society, but we are now steaming into a new digital world. A new era with new rules, new rituals, concepts, paradigms, business models and strategies. How? In order to be a key driver in this new economy, we need to explore new frameworks to start designing that new world we want to live in.
One of these methods is the Socratic Design Method, a method – created by Humberto Schwab – to free people and organisations from the burden of unproductive or even destructive procedures, unclear language, old thoughts, silo thinking and wrong assumptions. If we want to create strong new values, we must be in a state of virginal thinking, not as a stand alone, but as a hyper creative collective.
In this two-day workshop, Humberto Schwab and Rudy de Waele will give insights in the world we’re moving into rapidly and introduce us to the Socratic Design Method and teach how to use this method in your company to transform and adapt your business and prepare for the perpetual technological changes we all face ahead.
Socratic Design creates new horizons of values in which the process of design can take place, allowing a lot more space to create, make and design new products or services.
Experience the power of wisdom of a “transformed” group
Become more agile in creating good strategies and paradigms:
- Embrace explorative thinking and learn how to stop old ways of thinking
- Develop strong value scenarios for your business
- Create lean products using rapid prototyping
- Resolve to stay on top of fast disruptive change
What others are saying
And below some links to blog reviews on this Transformation Retreat:
- When Technology meets Philosophy in a Socratic Dialogue by Lilian Güntsche, CEO & founder, The Dignified Self
- How can the Internet of Things (IoT) boost our happiness? by Sergio Mottola, CEO, Nuwe
- A Taste of the Future by Kim Arazi, CEO, WOW Talks.
- IoT: Life In A Connected World by Frederic Boulanger, CEO, com
Why you should attend
- This is a not to miss unique and rare opportunity to gain coaching and knowledge that can assist your business growth and personal development, in an intimate setting.
- You need to approach your clients and partners with a new narrative, in the exponential growth we are facing today. Everybody is seeking for new narratives to give meaning to life and work. In this Socratic Design Lab you will use philosophy and socratic dialogue to create string attractive narratives.
- You will be able to share your challenges and experiences amongst other business and industry leaders, professionals and disrupters from a vast range of diverse backgrounds – using the proven disciplined method of Socratic Design.
- Real transformation needs a surrounding of peace and joy that opens the mind. This is exactly what we are creating with these Socratic Design workshops.
- Creativity, change and transformation require an inspiring environment.
Societat l'Amistat (Casino) in Cadaqués.
Address: Plaça Dr. Trèmols s/n, 17488 Cadaqués, Province of Girona, Spain.
Staying in Cadaqués
Cadaqués has lots of beautiful houses, studio's, flats or apartments available.
Friday 26th and Saturday 27th of February 2016
Participants are requested to arrive on time as essential content is programmed right from the start, not to be missed. All workshop days start at 9am till 6pm (lunch included).
- An overview of future transformative trends by Gerd Leonhard
- “Introduction to Socratic Design” with Humberto Schwab
- Value creation session, create moral frames
- Appreciative inquiry session, create the body of knowledge on best practices in breakthrough innovations
- Socratic dialogue: identifying key questions
- Narratives sessions, development of new stories
- Socratic dialogues, development of new frames
- Socratic dialogues, development of new concepts
- Analysing future trends
- Assumptions analysis session
- Create new driving forces related to breakthrough concepts
- Preparing new concept scenarios for users based approaches
- Presentation new concepts, scenarios and narratives
- Socratic dialogues, developments of strategies
- Future scenario making
- Socratic dialogue in different scenarios
- Socratic dialogues on user level of purposes and values
- Presenting 4 Socratic Design strategies
- Evaluating with values and purposes
- Road map to a meaningful future
- Preparing textbook
The workshop includes lunch and will be hosted in one of most emblematic sites in the pearl of the Costa Brava, Cadaqués.
Price: 499,- Euro excl. VAT. (lunch included) for the two-day workshop
BOOK your participation now on Eventbrite as we have limited seats!
See you in Cadaqués!
Rudy de Waele at email@example.com or +447803504624.
About Gerd Leonhard
Gerd Leonhard is a widely-known and top-rated futurist, Author, Keynote Speaker, Think-Tank Leader & Strategist, with over 1500 engagements in the past 15 years and a combined audience of over 1 million people. Gerd focusses on near-future, ‘nowist’ observations and actionable foresights in the sectors of humanity, society, business, media, technology and communications.
Gerd is also an influential author, a sought-after executive ‘future trainer’ and a trusted strategic advisor. He is the co-author of the best-selling book The Future of Music and the author of 4 other books. Gerd is also the host of the web-TV series The Future Show and the CEO of The Futures Agency, a global network of over 30 leading futurists.
About Humberto Schwab
Humberto Schwab developed the Socratic Design method to (re) design strategies and contexts for business, education, government and NGO´s. In Socratic Design people will reach a collective higher level of intelligence to create new organisational cultures, services, apps and products; incorporating the good values of tradition and the breakthrough concept based on new philosophical and ethical concepts of man and environment.
He did Socratic design labs for Paris Digital, the Dutch Ministry of Education, Municipality of Amsterdam, Innovation Group Berlin and for companies like RABO bank, Reaktor Helsinki. Electrabel. MUCHO Barcelona and the Waag Society Amsterdam.
About shift 2020
shift 2020, led by Rudy de Waele, assists companies and entrepreneurs with creating purposeful innovation for a sustainable future. Rudy specialises in giving technology trend updates, analysis and ideas how to thrive in the new economy. He uses new methodologies to re-invent and transform business using presentations, workshops, think tanks and brainstorms.
Over the past 20 years, Rudy worked with several startups and has coached CXOs on how to unpack grassroots innovations posing a risk to core business and how to predict staying ahead of the early adopter to mass-market conversion. He has helped diverse global brands such as BMW, Coca-Cola, IBM, Intel, Louis Vuitton, PayPal, Samsung and World Bank.
Rudy is a graduate from Singularity University, he has developed over 200 leading industry events across more than 50 cities globally, such as, shift 2020 events, Mobile Mondays, Mobile Premier Awards, AppCircus, Wearable Wednesdays, IoT Shifts and IoT Stars. He is an associate of The Futures Agency and a member of the IoT council, a think tank for the Internet of Things.