Join us for a multi-media in-store event with Patagonia Ambassador Piers Solomon including a screening of DPS Cinematic - Solitary
Born and raised in the Swiss Alps Piers Salomon grew up racing competitively. As his enthusiasm for racing waned, Piers felt drawn to the powder and freedom of free skiing. After just one season on his twin tips he knew he’d found his calling. He’s been obsessed with powder skiing since, whether he’s skiing in front of a camera lens, or just cruising the mountain with his buddies.
Now Piers describes himself as a big-mountain skier who spends his winters chasing the best conditions, having the best possible time and meeting new people from all over.
- The British Land Junior & Children's National Ski Champion, 2006
- Great Britain’s Children’s Ski Team Roll of Honor, 2007
- Worked with photographer Oskar Enander to create skiing photographs for a variety of publication
- Featured in the film Valhalla, by Sweetgrass Productions
- Featured in an upcoming skiing film in Alaska with Sweetgrass Productions
In the short film Solitary Piers skips the lift lines and heads off on foot through the backcountry of Japan, British Columbia and his own backyard in Switzerland.
The evening includes refreshments including beer chilled in the ice cold confines of Londons only Ice Wall - Vertical Chill.
Find out more about Piers on his website http://www.pierssolomon.com