South Atlantic Pre-Salt Reservoir Analogue: Travertine Sedimentology and Petrography: Perugia
Wednesday, 19 July 2017 at 09:00 - Friday, 21 July 2017 at 17:00 (AEST)
This course is designed for individuals in sedimentary geology and petroleum geology who are currently involved in development or exploration of carbonate continental reservoirs.
This course takes a detailed look at the origin and processes that make up these rocks recently associated to South Atlantic Pre-salt Reservoirs, and examines concepts and models of their deposition.
The course will cover the following areas:
- The classification of continental carbonate deposits
- Processes leading the travertine deposition.
- Sedimentary structures, macro-/microfacies character and distribution
- Depositional architecture and geometries
- Case studies of travertine systems
The main knowledge and skills that students will acquire are:
- Recognition of the main travertine facies, depositional processes and ability to relate them to the original depositional environment
- Ability to recognize, from the available data of outcrops and well logs, the depositional architectures and to reconstruct the depositional scenarios and geometries in time and space
- Ability to reconstruct and correlate at small and large scale the sedimentary sequences
- To link the acquired knowledge to exploration petroleum geology
The course is designed for
- Drilling engineers
- Reservoir engineers
- Introduction to Continental Carbonates
- Travertine depositional processes
- Travertine sedimentology: sedimentary: facies
- Travertine sedimentology: facies and sedimentary structures
- Depositional architectures and geometries
- Petrographical analysis
- Case Histories
- Case Histories
- Introduction to the field work
- Field Trip - Excursion to the Rapolano Terme travertine system: active/fossil depositional systems and facies architecture
Save This Event
When & Where
Esanda Engineering Ltd
Esanda is an independent upstream oil and gas consultancy specialising in industry specific training and field development planning services. Our operations are supported by our UK and Australia offices.
Esanda is a specialist training provider serving the global upstream oil and gas industry. Our training providers are practicing industry specialists who develop our in house courses and work with clients to build bespoke training for their staff.
We pride ourselves on being able to bring hundreds of man years of experience to the training sector and the positive feedback we receive from our satisfied clients.
Our courses evolved over 15 years ago with a focus on Field Development Planning, which included a strong emphasis on costing and economic analysis as well as concept selection for our clients. The range of clients includes those involved in Onshore, Offshore, Subsea, GTL, LNG and unconventional developments. This work and client training has allowed us to build strong expertise in these areas with practical and up to date knowledge of the subject areas.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.esandaengineering.com/terms-and-conditions.html