Actions and Detail Panel
South East Cyber Security Cluster's One Year Anniversary Celebrations!
Fri, November 27, 2015, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT
The media is full of stories of hackers, cyber crime and nation-state cyber espionage but what’s really going on in your business IT, laptop or smartphone?
On 27th November, the South East Cyber Security Cluster is celebrating its one year anniversary with a free networking event in Brighton – and we’d love to meet you there.
The aim of the event is to introduce you to our cyber security specialists in a relaxed environment giving you the chance to get some free expert advice.
Who will be attending the event?
You’ll have a chance to meet our cyber security specialists including:
- Ethical Hackers
- Social Engineers (we talk our way into your systems and buildings!)
- UK Government Cyber Security experts
- Digital Forensics and Investigations professionals
- Cyber Crime Law Enforcement professionals
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) and cloud security specialists
- Threat intelligence and online social networks spooks!
What sectors do we work in?
Our specialists apply their knowledge to any environment where a device connects to another so virtually nothing is out of scope:
- Your business e.g. insurance, finance, legal, HR, press and IT
- Internet of Things including:
- Smart homes, buildings and cities
- eHealth and telemedicine
- HMG – police, defence, local gov, blue light services, NHS
- wearable technologies
- online gaming
- utilities e.g. energy, water and telecommunications
- smart metering
Why are we hosting this event?
Cyber security and cyber crime is headline news but where do you start? This event gives you free access to our cyber security specialists to ask us questions:
- What is cyber security and how does it affect me?
- How will I know if someone has hacked my business IT system?
- Is it just scaremongering or is it real?
- How much does it cost to secure my business?
- If I’m hacked who should I report it to?
- If I’m hacked who can I turn to for credible advice?
What is the South East Cyber Security Cluster?
SECSC is a not-for-profit organisation representing cyber security specialists in the South East. Based in Brighton, the Sussex Cyber Security Cluster was launched in November 2014. Originally called ‘Brighton Cyber Security Cluster’, it immediately expanded to ‘Sussex’ and as registrations for events started appearing from across the South East region, expansion to the ‘South East Cyber Security Cluster’ was a natural progression.
According to Tech City’s Tech Nation 2015 report, Brighton has “the highest concentration of digital companies in any of the UK regions” providing scope to enhance the region’s cyber security capabilities whilst enabling businesses and citizens to be safe in cyber space.
We look forward to seeing you there!