Actions and Detail Panel
South East Cyber Security* Tech UK* Skyscape Cloud Services
Fri, March 18, 2016, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT
South East Cyber Security Cluster
Friday, March 18, 2016 2pm to 4pm
Grand Central - 29-30 Surrey Street
Brighton BN1 3PA GB
Welcome to our second event of 2016 in partnership with techUK!
We are pleased to announce our second event of 2016 will be a joint event with tech UK, come along and find out about tech UK’s Cyber Security Programme and the Cyber Growth Partnership’s Cyber Connect 2 Programme.
Our third Keynote Speaker of the event will shed light on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its potential impact on SMEs:
Welcome and introduction
Keynote Speaker 1 – Talal Rajab - Cyber Security, National Security and Criminal Justice at techUK.
Keynote Speaker 2 – Samantha Sanderson – Cyber Connect
Keynote Speaker 3 – John Godwin, Director of IA & Compliance at Skyscape Cloud Services
Close and networking
What is the South East Cyber Security Cluster?
SECSC is a not-for-profit organisation representing cyber security specialists in the South East. Based in Brighton, the original Sussex Cyber Security Cluster was launched in November 2014, expanding to the South East on its one year anniversary in 2015.
According to Tech City’s Tech Nation 2016 report, Brighton has “one of the most dense populations of digital tech businesses in the UK and the largest digital workforce within non-digital industries.” providing ample scope to enhance the region’s cyber security capabilities whilst enabling businesses and citizens to be safe in cyber space.
What sectors do we work in?
Our specialists apply their knowledge to any environment where a device connects to another so virtually nothing is out of scope:
- Your business e.g. insurance, finance, legal, HR, press and IT
- Internet of Things including wearable tech, smart homes, buildings and cities
- HMG – police, defence, central and local government, blue light services, NHS
- online gaming
- utilities e.g. energy, water and telecommunications
Why do we host open events?
Cyber security and cyber crime is headline news but where do you start? Our events give you free access to our cyber security specialists to ask us questions such as:
- What is cyber security and how does it affect me?
- How will I know if someone has hacked my business IT system?
- Is it just scaremongering or is it real?
- How much does it cost to secure my business?
- If I’m hacked who should I report it to?
- If I’m hacked who can I turn to for credible advice?
We look forward to seeing you there!
Date and Time
The Nightingale Room, Grand Central Pub
29-30 Surrey Street
(next to Brighton Station)