Actions and Detail Panel
Southern Area Hospice Cuilcagh Mountain Walk
Sat 6 May 2017, 07:30 – 17:00 BST
Join Southern Area Hospice Services as we climb Cuilcagh Mountain, Co. Fermanagh on Saturday 6th May 2017 to help raise funds for our local Hospice! We will be following the Legnabrocky Trail, the terrain on which is made up of a combination of Gravel Track, boardwalks & exposed mountain path.
About the Route
Distance: 15km Grade: Difficult Total Ascent: 550m
The Cuilcagh Legnagbrocky Trail is a linear route which showcases the scenic wilderness of Cuilcagh Mountain. The trail meanders along a quiet farmland track before traversing a wooden boardwalk that consists of a steady climb to the mountain face. Here a stepped boardwalk climbs through steep terrain and boulders fields before reaching the summit plateau. A rough mountain path negotiates the wild summit plateau for a few kilometres before reaching an ancient cairn (the remains of a burial mound dating from the Bronze Age 2,500 – 500 BC) that stands at 666 metres (2,182 ft) above sea level.
- A bus will transport participants from Southern Area Hospice Services, Courtenay Hill, Newry to Fermanagh and return.
- The bus will depart from Newry at 7.30am and return at 5pm approximately. Pick-ups will also be available in Armagh (Armagh City Hotel) and at Ballygawley roundabout (Park & Ride).
- Places on this challenge can be secured with a non-refundable deposit of £20.
- Thereafter each participant is asked to fundraise at least a further £20 for Southern Area Hospice Services.
- With a fundraising target of £2.5 million for 2017 every penny counts so the more you can fundraise for us to help us to continue our work providing care and support to people in the local community the better.
- Once you return your registration forms we will provide you with sponsor cards and a fundraising pack to help you along the way with your fundraising for this challenge.
- You could organise an event to help you raise funds – coffee mornings, table quizzes, bag packs are all great fundraisers and easy to organise!
- We would also recommend that you set up a Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com – all donations received on Just Giving come into the Hospice directly.
- Sponsorship money can be handed in on the day at registration or in advance at Southern Area Hospice reception, Courtenay Hill, Newry.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Participants must be 12 years old or above. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. For Under 18’s a registration and medical form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- A good level of fitness will be required for this challenge so please ensure you are properly prepared.