Speak with Passion! Summer Course
Thursdays 6 October to 8th December, 19.30 - 21.15, Claremont Project, 24-27 White Lion Street, N1 7PD
Final Session: Saturday 3 December, 12.00 - 15.00, Speakers Corner, Hyde Park.
A practical, learn-by-doing ten week public speaking and group-coaching course combining speaking mechanics and mindset training delivered by expert coaches.
- Smash your fears, feel alive and unleash your passion for public speaking!
- Finish the course by giving a speech at Speakers Corner to a live audience in Hyde Park!
Enrol onto Speak with Passion, a unique, interactive and practical ten week public speaking course that combines speech mechanics with mindset training, weekly group coaching, tools and homework, to enable you to smash your fears and speak with passion. The course is led by expert coaches at Freedom Works UK and finishes with you giving a speech at Speakers Corner to a live audience in Hyde Park!
We combine training in the mechanics of speech delivery with group coaching, practical tools, and interactive role play and acting, to overcome your deepest fears, enabling you to be free in front of an audience and speak with passion, freedom, confidence and ease.
The course consists of:
- Weekly group-coaching workshops with homework in between sessions to give you tools and training to prepare and deliver speeches/presentations, while also coaching you to overcome your fear and develop your voice and passion for speaking.
- A weekly group conference call to keep you on track
- Peer support and social evenings; working as a group to achieve your goal
- Access to support from your coach at anytime
- A half day special event at Speakers Corner in you will prepare for and deliver your final speech.
Part 1 (Weeks 1 to 2)
- Connect with and feel at ease with everyone in the group
- Learn new tools to ‘loosen up’ and find & project your voice
- Learn the foundations of a completely new approach to public speaking (and life in general!) based on a mindfulness approach, ontology and ‘being present’ in the here and now.
- Start to practice speaking to a group and identify your strengths and areas to work on.
Part 2 (Weeks 3 to 5)
- Learn the basic mechanics of public speaking including how to manage your body language, voice projection and selection of rhetorical devices.
- Learn how to structure a speech
- Practice giving a speech and receive one-to-one and group coaching
- Powerfully distinguish your own personal barriers and mechanisms that get in your way, and start to practice new tools to overcome these constraints.
- + More practice and homework to develop your public speaking.
Part 3 (Weeks 6-8)
- A powerful and interactive connected set of sessions in which you will know yourself as a powerful and passionate public speaker, by applying new tools and techniques to be free of your personal barriers and constraints.
- Identify your purpose in public speaking, and in life, and what you stand for.
- Lots more practice, role-play, acting and homework!
Part 4 (Weeks 9 and 10)
- In this final session we will meet as a group and practice our speeches. You will learn important tools to manage your nerves and be free in front of an audience. You will learn how to prepare for a big speech (or any important event in life!).
Speakers Corner Final Event (Saturday)
- Deliver your speech to a live audience! Invite your fiends, family and colleagues!
- Social drinks afterwards with 'toasting'!
What others say
I just I want to say thank you for encouraging me to deliver my speech at Hyde Park Corner. Without you I would never have done it! The way you combined coaching, practices to improve public speaking, and help on how to develop a good speech has been really powerful.
Thank you for this amazing 10 weeks, because I now I feel that I really am ready to do whatever I want! I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to become more confident in public speaking and in other areas of their life, because this is about so much more than just public speaking.
Thanks Chris for this wonderful opportunity! - Luz
I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was well organised and very informative, the size of the group was good because the trainer had chance to help everyone within the group. I believe this course was useful to me, especially tackling bad habits and nerves while public speaking.
Furthermore, I found the course very interesting and held my attention throughout the whole duration. Chris Hayes was welcoming and it was easy to relate to him as he suffered with the same anxiety and nerves too!
I would definitely recommend this course to others. - Sunny
Course Leader: Chris Hayes
Chris is Director and Coach at Freedom Works UK with extensive experience of public speaking and training people to go beyond their fears and accomplish the things that are most important to them. Chris is accredited with the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and is a former president of Riverside Communicators, a Toastmasters Club in Twickenham. “I used to be incredibly shy and would avoid public speaking at all costs. The most important lesson I have learnt is to lose yourself in your audience. Put your focus on what you want your audience to find out about, think or feel, or act on. Make a difference over there instead of worrying what people think.”
To enrol onto the course or find out more, please contact Chris Hayes:
City YMCA, 8 Errol Street, EC1Y 8SE