Join us for the next meeting of Spitzbiz (Spitalfields & Shoreditch Business Network) on Monday 12th August, from 6 pm at:
The Water Poet
9-11 Folgate Street
Come and enjoy an informal evening of networking and make new contacts, as well as catching up with people you already know.
August's 15 Minute Speaker is:
Glenn Boscombe of Creative Skillset,
the industry body which supports skills and training in the UK 's CreativeI Industries
Glenn's role includes:
Aiding competitiveness through skills development
• Identifying funding for creative tech based SMEs and freelancers to up skill.
• Helping SMEs meet their challenges with recruitment and training.
• Translating complicated skills jargon into English.
• An authority on government skills policy and implications for tech businesses.
• Future gazing the digital skills landscape.
• Bringing businesses together to co-design training.
• Creative and Technical Apprenticeships from policy to practice.
Come and here how Creative Skillset could help your business and, if you fall in another sector, Glenn will be able to give you tips on how you can access similar benefits.
Spitzbiz is for anyone who is already doing business in the Spitalfields & Shoreditch area, or would like to. We have a wide range of people who attend from the creative industries, professions, digital and online businesses, service providers - almost everyone really. And everybody is welcome.
The only rule is - no heavy duty pitching. This group is about building strong, trusted relationships over time.
Numbers are strictly limited so please book online as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please do bring others along who you think might find this useful or interesting, but please do remember to book a ticket for them as I can't guarantee entry on the door.
I look forward to seeing you on Monday 12th August.
When & Where
Doug Mather is a specialist in Human Behaviour.
He is the ownwer of dougmather.co.uk and founder and organiser of Spitzbiz - the Spitalfields & Shoreditch Business Network