Actions and Detail Panel
Springs Dance Company’s tour of Bread of Life
Wed 19 April 2017, 19:00 – 20:30 BST
Bread of Life:
- is an uplifting response to the invitation ‘Come and eat’
- explores a message at the heart of the Christian tradition of the Communion/Eucharist in a thought-provoking and innovative way
- is a visual and timeless expression of Jesus’ continual presence and his desire to be with us
- is a mesmerising reminder that the invitation came from him and offers an expression of a community with him and each other.
- offers the audience more than just a feast for the eyes
- full of powerful imagery
Springs Dance Company is:
- committed to making excellent dance that is relevant and accessible
- has a highly praised education programme.
- provides relevant and inspiring performance events that are richly expressive of the Christian faith and values.
Bread of Life has been described as:
‘A danced, joyous and living expression of Jesus and his friends’
‘So moving…absolutely blown away’
‘The dance has left a lasting impression on me’
‘Full of powerful imagery for communion and our relationship with Jesus’
The show will be 50minutes long and followed by a post-show discussion with the cast. The event is created for an adult audience in particular but will be enjoyed by all the family, especially older children, and is for those new to dance as well as the already initiated.