Actions and Detail Panel
Stand Up for Towel Day!
Thu 25 May 2017, 19:30 – 22:00 BST
Comics, Hitch-Hiker fans, poets and Vogons unite for the first annual Stand Up for Towel Day gig!
Vogon poetry readings! LOLs! Towels! This is going to be one seriously hoopy night.
Come down to the basement of Tottenham Court Road's Waterstones for a stand up night on all things Hitch-Hiker, in memory of Douglas Adams.
There will be talks and stand up comedy on the Real Shoe Event Horizon, the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, plus some exclusive findings from Douglas Adams' notebooks.
Some of the acts confirmed for SUFTD 2017:
- Kevin Jon Davies (Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
- Paul Duncan McGarrity (Comedian's Cinema Club)
- Simon Watt (Ugly Animal Preservation Society)
- Steve Cross (Science Showoff, Book Showoff)
- The Story Beast ("White hot brilliance" ★★★★ Time Out)
- John Lloyd (The Meaning of Liff, QI, Blackadder)
We've heard it on good authority that there WILL be Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters. Bring your peril-sensitive sunglasses with you!
Show us your towel for a packet of peanuts to help with any matter-transference beams that hit during the evening (we are near the crossrail development, after all.)
PRIZES for the best Hitch-Hiker inspired costumes!
All proceeds from Stand Up to Towel Day will go to Save the Rhino https://www.savetherhino.org/