San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This monthly workshop is provided by UCL Advances' Business Support Team for companies that are still in the early stages of starting up their business or have started up but still have questions. Workshop presenter Fleur Emery is currently running her second start-up business, and along with talking about processes of starting a business can share her own experiences.
The workshop will consist of a 4 hour training session split into 2 x 2 hour session with a 30 min interval.
- Session 1: (2 hours) The target audience is very early stage companies and the emphasis is on exploring a number of very basic issues relating to starting up including:
- registering idea/ IP/ trade marking
- registering company
- building a website
- legal structure
- financial management systems - bookkeeping, VAT, P&L, cash flow
- any questions about other starting up procedures
- Break (30 mins)
- Session 2: (2 hours) The target audience is later stage companies (although if you attended session 1 you can choose to stay for session 2). This session will include:
- market research and product validation
- sales techniques
Refreshments will be available in the break. Please contact email@example.com if you have any specific requirements.
Where: Room 337, Rockefeller Building, 21 University Street, London, WC1H 0BW
When: 29th May, 1pm to 5.30pm.
When & Where
UCL Innovation and Enterprise supports UCL’s staff and students to engage with businesses and external organisations with the aim of maximising the social and economic benefit of our knowledge and research. We do this through fostering innovation projects, developing partnerships, supporting entrepreneurship, and facilitating CPD and Life Learning.