If you’ve always wanted to sew but never known where to start, this course is for you. Starting at the very beginning this step by step day will have you thrifty stitching in no time. During the day we will guide you through the basics
- Threading needles, and learn how to hand sew different types of hems.
- Cover a button, and sew on different types of buttons
- Begin to use a sewing machine- Wind on a bobbin, thread the machine,Learn to start sewing forward in straight lines, and turn corners.
- Sew simple seams.
- Find out about simple seam finishes.
- Mark up your choice of fabric from our selection & cut it out using a simple pattern.
- Put together either a simple shopper bag or a simple cushion, and take away not only your finished project, but the pattern so you can make again at home
- Learn lots of handy tips and tricks of the trade from The Sewing Producer for the Bee, Claire-Louise Hardie
All tools and materials included, just bring yourself!
Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits provided all day, along with a top playlist of tunes, and delicious afternoon cup cakes. Bring a sandwich for lunch (although there are plenty of local cafes)
When & Where
The Thrifty Stitcher
Claire-Louise Hardie is the Sewing Producer to "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Author of "The Great British Sewing Bee- Fashion with Fabric" She's also a professional Costumier and Guest presenter on Create and Craft TV. We offer small sized, friendly sewing classes and courses in Stoke Newington North London.
Our mission is to de-mystify the art of sewing and clothes making, showing you just how easy and fun it can be. We offer a range of contemporary sewing classes, suitable for adults at all levels. Fitting is our passion, and we love to helping students make clothes that fit.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing