Who is the course for?
Teaching staff in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. This course is intended for teachers who are just starting off on the journey towards integrating Google Apps for Education (GAfE) into their schools.
This course will be of particular interest to teachers who are wondering what is so special about GAfE and Chromebooks, why they are taking off so quickly and the impact they have on pupil outcomes.
Aims of the course
Using practical examples and demonstrations, this course will help you to explore how you could begin to integrate Google Apps for Education (GAfE) into your school. During the course, you will also explore how GAfE can be used to improve workflow and communication across your school.
- The course will include the following:
- How to use Chrome to login and access Google Apps for Education
- How Google Drive works and is organised
- What the 'Google Apps for Education' are - and how to use them to impact on pupil outcomes
- How to set up a Google classroom and create activities for group collaboration
- An exploration of some pupil response apps
- It will also include information on how GMail, Hangouts and shared Google Calendars can be used across the school to improve communication
Included in this course is the opportunity to spend a morning with the course leader in his own school observing the teaching of a class using the principles experienced on the course. There will be time to be able to discuss the impact of the lesson and any questions which arise from it.
Clint Lees has over 30 years’ experience working across the primary age range with a particular expertise in Year 6 and the use of IT. He has a passionate interest in teaching literacy and has developed a bank of writing resources used in schools across the country.
As well as skills in computer software and hardware, Clint is an expert in technology as an effective teaching tool to enhance learning. He is currently driving forward the use of one-to-one technology through Chromebooks and Google apps for education.
Payment can be made by credit/debit card, cheque or invoice.