Actions and Detail Panel
StartUp Britain Welsh Tour - Merthyr
Wed 23 November 2016, 10:00 – 16:00 GMT
Following the success of the StartUp Britain summer tour, which visited 30 locations engaging with more than 5,000 entrepreneurs, StartUp Britain is delighted to announce that the bus will tour South Wales in November.
Working closely with Business Wales, Finance Wales and local business support organisations, the Welsh tour will see the StartUp Britain NatWest bus - a 1966 London Routemaster - park in high-footfall areas of five boroughs offering free, impartial advice to aspiring and established entrepreneurs alike.
The tour is powered by NatWest and sponsored by Business Wales.
When can you visit?
Stop by any time between 10am and 4pm and stay as long as you like to get the support and guidance you need to start or grow your business!
What happens on board?
If you're looking for support starting or growing a business, you can:
- network with local entrepreneurs and receive their guidance and inspiration;
- get support from advisors, including a NatWest business banker, a professional business coach, representatives from Business Wales, Finance Wales and the Intellectual Property Office;
- receive expert advice from local accountants and lawyers;
- receive guidance packs from our sponsors and supporters.
If you're already running a business but don't need advice, you're still welcome to come along! You can:
- meet the StartUp Britain team and sponsors;
- network with other local entrepreneurs and business advisors;
- engage with local media to give interviews for broadcast and print coverage;
- use the bus for one-to-one meetings and discussions (with free coffee!).
Throughout the day we will be joined by local media looking to talk to inspiring entrepreneurs and hear interesting stories about startups.
As an entrepreneur/adviser on board the bus you will have the opportunity to engage with local radio/TV stations and newspapers to give interviews, quotes and case studies.
Nb it's not essential that you register to attend the bus - you can just turn up! But if you do register, we'll update you with any key announcements and give you a reminder in advance of our arrival.
We look forward to seeing you soon!