Actions and Detail Panel
Stats club - Wednesdays @ 10:00
Wed 29 March 2017, 10:00 – 11:30 BST
A peer-led statistics course for PhD students and early career researchers.
We are a group of PhD students and ECRs who need to learn stats. There is no choice, we need to learn it. So we decided to create a 'stats club' where we meet once a week to study Andy Field's book "Discovering Statistics Using SPSS".
Are you a PhD student or ECR at IHW/MVLS? Don't you know anything about statistics? Do you need to learn it? So join us!
Unfortunately, there is a limited number of spaces and high demand so we ask that all attendees have an eventbrite ticket. These are simply available on a first come first served basis.
If you have any questions, please email Tiago at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25 Jan – Multiple Imputation (Chapter 8)
- 01 Feb – Comparing Two Means (Chapter 9)
- 08 Feb – Mediation, Moderation, and More Regression (Chapter 10)
- 15 Feb – Comparing Several Means: ANOVA (Chapter 11)
- 22 Feb – Analysis of Covariance: ANCOVA (Chapter 12)
- O1 Mar – Factorial ANOVA (Chapter 13)
- 08 Mar – Repeated-measures Designs (Chapter 14)
- 15 Mar – Mixed Design ANOVA (Chapter 15)
- 22 Mar – Exploratory Factor Analysis (Chapter 17)
- 29 Mar – Multivariate Analysis of Variance: MANOVA (Chapter 16)
- 05 Apr – Categorical Data (Chapter 18)
- 12 Apr – Logistic Regression (Chapter 19)
- 19 Apr – Multilevel Linear Models (Chapter 20)
- Here is the book:https://goo.gl/MMYqfq
- Make sure you will bring your laptop (preferentially with SPSS installed on it)
- We will *try* to learn a bit of R as well