The Staying Legal course provides FORS accredited operators with a new training option.
With increasing levels of legislation Transport for London, in association with Fleet Source, have developed this new training module on behalf of Transport for London to re-educate drivers in the legal and moral obligations of the driver including enforcement regulations, agency targeting methods and vehicle compliance.
The course is fully approved by FORS and will help fleet operators and driver minimise the risk of infringements and penalties.
The Staying Legal course provides drivers with a better understanding of:
- The regulatory framework that governs the road transport industry, the legal and moral obligations of the driver and the enforcement agencies which police non-compliant operations
- How to Identify the enforcement targeting methods, common offences relevant to the driver, vehicle and journey and the consequences of non-compliant operations
- Recognising good operating practices relevant to the driver, vehicle and journey that help ensure consistent compliance with the regulations
- Appreciating industry led initiatives that help reduce work related road risk, raise standards and encourage the adoption of good operating practices
- Counts towards 35 hours DCPC
Providing you are a FORS registered company the Staying Legal courses are fully funded by Transport for London so there is no charge for attending the course.
If it is found your company is not FORS accredited, you may be billed for attendance at £75.00 + vat.
If drivers wish to have their details uploaded to the DSA website so its count towards their 35 hours DCPC, then they need to ensure they bring £8.75 cash to cover the upload fee. You will need to notify the trainer on the day.
Please note: Lunch, refreshments and travel costs are not included.
IMPORTANT: Any driver attending the Staying Legal course must have their identity checked by a Driver Qualification Card (DQC). This will allow Fleet Source to register the driver onto the Transport for London completed approved training list which confirms the driver has attended the course.
IMPORTANT - CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your place/s on the Staying Legal course, please do so at least 14 WORKING DAYS before your course date to avoid charges. Click here to read the full Cancellation Policy
Date and Time
City of London Corporation Offices
Amey Training Room (In The Cellar)
78-83 Upper Thames Street