STEEP Childminder Annual Membership (SLA) 2016/17
Friday, 1 April 2016 at 00:00 - Thursday, 31 August 2017 at 22:30 (BST)
STEEP Childminder Annual Membership
What is a STEEP Childminder Membership?
This similar to the Service Level Agreement previously offered by Lewisham Council’s Early Years Improvement Team.
The membership is the key means by which Registered Childminders can access support, advice and discounted training from STEEPtsa who now provide Childminders training and support on behalf of Lewisham’s Early Years Improvement Team (EYIT).
STEEP Childminder Annual Membership will run from September to September each year.
What am I paying for?
The membership currently offers:
- Access to email/telephone support/advice from the STEEP
- Three childminder network forum meetings a year
- Regular updates via email with national/local news and initiatives
- Access to electronic copies of latest planning, assessment and tracking formats;
- Electronic access to a Quality Improvement Toolkit, including a range of audits to support self- evaluation, preparation for Ofsted and the improvement of quality;
- Mentoring support for those joining as a new childminders undertaking the Introduction to Childminding course
- Discounted costs for STEEP childminder training (25% discount on training offered by STEEP) ** for those new to childminding and doing training for Registering with Ofsted the SLA provides a discount of approx £90 on required training (eg. Introduction to Childminding Practice /Paediatric First Aid /Safeguarding)
- 4 Free training sessions (paid for by Lewisham) if you are providing childcare for a child eligible for the 2 year old Early Learning Grant (**Lewisham conditions apply)
- Opportunities to influence the training programme with your ideas and interests.
Save This Event
When & Where
South Thames Early Education Partnership and Teaching School Alliance. (STEEP)
STEEP- the South Thames Early Education Partnership;
Six South London, Nursery Schools and Children’s Centres, with a long history working with children and families.
- Support and Training for Childminders,
- Initial Teacher Education,
- CPD for Early Years professionals in schools and settings.