Actions and Detail Panel
STEM Ambassador Hub South East England Induction - Surrey Region (Guildford...
The induction session will include
- An introduction to and understand the UK'S STEM agenda and relevance for STEM Ambassadors
- Information about the range of activities you will have the chance to support.
- How to access further training and resources
- Tips on how to work effectively with schools and young people
- Classroom scenarios
- Some hands on activities; and
- Feel welcomed as as a STEM Ambassador volunteer!
Attendance at an induction session is compulsory for all new STEM Ambassadors.
- Monday 6th March, 17:30-19:30: Meeting room 8, Surrey Technology Centre, Surrey Research Park. Directions: http://www.surrey-research-park.com/how-get-here . Parking is available at the front of the building, no permit required. Alternatively Arriva bus routes 26/27 run between the train station and the hospital (just round the corner).
- Tuesday 4th April, 14:00-16:00: University of Surrey, Stag Hill Campus, room 05AB04 (building entrance opposite the library). This can be quite hard to find, so please meet us at 13:50 by the Alan Turing statue in front of the Alan Pearce building. You may wish to print this map in advance: Campus map. Directions to the campus can be found here. There is a pay and display carpark or the campus is about 15 mins walk from Guildford train station.
What to Bring
Please bring with you the ID needed to complete your DBS check, usually this is a passport or UK driving license and two other items ie. a bill and a bank statement, including proof of your current address. See guidance at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/documents-the-applicant-must-provide-
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01273 644178 (until 4.30pm).
STEM Sussex coordinate the Sussex and Surrey region of the South East of England STEM Ambassador Hub which is led by Canterbury Christ Church University.
We look forward to meeting you!