Actions and Detail Panel
STEM Ambassador Hub South East England Induction - Sussex Region (Brighton)
Tue 7 February 2017, 17:00 – 19:00 GMT
The induction session will include
- An introduction to and understand the UK'S STEM agenda and relevance for STEM Ambassadors
- Information about the range of activities you will have the chance to support.
- How to access further training and resources
- Tips on how to work effectively with schools and young people
- Classroom scenarios
- Some hands on activities; and
- Feel welcomed as as a STEM Ambassador volunteer!
Attendance at an induction session is compulsory for all new STEM Ambassadors.
Unless specified, all induction sessions will be held at the University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb Campus, Lewes Road, Brighton BN2 4GJ, in the following building/room:
- Monday 9th January, 14:00-16:00 - Watts building, room 505
- Tuesday 7th February, 17:00-19:00 - Watts building, room 505
- Wednesday 15th March, 14:00-16:00, Watts building, room 505
A map of the Moulsecoomb site and buildings can be found here.
Parking is available in the carpark next to the Watts building - the university operates a permit/pre-book only policy, 8am-4pm in term time, if you require a space for a daytime induction please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your car reg and the day/time the space is required for. Cars parked without a permit during the day may be issued a penalty notice and STEM Sussex can accept no responsibility for this. Parking for evening inductions (after 4pm) is free and no booking is needed.
Due to building works please note the current entrance to the carpark is via Saunders Park View, opposite Natal Road.
What to Bring
Please bring with you the ID needed to complete your DBS check, as per guidance www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/documents-the-applicant-must-provide-
If you have any queries please email email@example.com or tel 01273 644178 (until 4.30pm).
STEM Sussex coordinate the Sussex and Surrey region of the South East of England STEM Ambassador Hub which is led by Canterbury Christ Church University.
We look forward to meeting you!