Actions and Detail Panel
STEM Ambassador Hub South East England Induction - Sussex Region (Brighton)
Wed 15 March 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 GMT
The induction session will include
- An introduction to and understand the UK'S STEM agenda and relevance for STEM Ambassadors
- Information about the range of activities you will have the chance to support.
- How to access further training and resources
- Tips on how to work effectively with schools and young people
- Classroom scenarios
- Some hands on activities; and
- Feel welcomed as as a STEM Ambassador volunteer!
Attendance at an induction session is compulsory for all new STEM Ambassadors.
Unless specified, all induction sessions will be held at the University of Brighton, Moulsecoomb Campus, Lewes Road, Brighton BN2 4GJ, in the following building/room:
- Wednesday 15th March, 14:00-16:00, Watts building, room 505
- Tuesday 11th April, 17:00-19:00, Watts building, room 505
- Monday 12th June, 14:00-16:00, Watts building, room 505
(please note additional dates are also available in Crawley - see http://HUBSEE_Sussex_Surrey.eventbrite.co.uk
A map of the Moulsecoomb site and buildings can be found here.
Parking is available in the carpark next to the Watts building - the university operates a permit/pre-book only policy, 8am-4pm in term time, if you require a space for a daytime induction please email email@example.com stating your car reg and the day/time the space is required for. Cars parked without a permit during the day may be issued a penalty notice and STEM Sussex can accept no responsibility for this. Parking for evening inductions (after 4pm) is free and no booking is needed.
Due to building works please note the current entrance to the carpark is via Saunders Park View, opposite Natal Road.
What to Bring
Please bring with you the ID needed to complete your DBS check. This is usually a passport or UK driving license AND two other items such as a bill and a bank statement, at least one of which must show your current address. For more information see www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/documents-the-applicant-must-provide-
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01273 644178 (until 4.30pm).
STEM Sussex coordinate the Sussex and Surrey region of the South East of England STEM Ambassador Hub which is led by Canterbury Christ Church University.
We look forward to meeting you!