Actions and Detail Panel
STEM Ambassador Hub South East England Induction - Sussex Region (Crawley)
Mon 15 May 2017, 15:00 – 17:00 BST
The induction session will include
- An introduction to and understand the UK'S STEM agenda and relevance for STEM Ambassadors
- Information about the range of activities you will have the chance to support.
- How to access further training and resources
- Tips on how to work effectively with schools and young people
- Classroom scenarios
- Some hands on activities; and
- Feel welcomed as as a STEM Ambassador volunteer!
Attendance at an induction session is compulsory for all new STEM Ambassadors.
These sessions will be held at Crawley Town Hall, The Boulevard, Crawley, RH10 1UZ, in the following room:
- Monday 15th May, 3-5pm - Committee Room C (1st floor)
- Tuesday 6th June, 5-7pm - Committee Room A (1st floor)
Head for the lobby/reception area of the town hall and go up to the 1st floor, you will come out at a long corridor with the committee rooms labelled.
Please see http://www.crawley.gov.uk/pw/TopNav/Contact_Us/index.htm for directions to the town hall. Parking is available in an attached multi-storey carpark, or it's about a 5-10 min walk from Crawley train station.
What to Bring
Please bring with you the ID needed to complete your DBS check. This is usually a passport or UK driving license AND two other items such as a bill and a bank statement, at least one of which must show your current address. For more information see www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check/documents-the-applicant-must-provide-
If you have any queries please email email@example.com or tel 01273 644178 (until 4.30pm).
STEM Sussex coordinate the Sussex and Surrey region of the South East of England STEM Ambassador Hub which is led by Canterbury Christ Church University.
We look forward to meeting you!