STEM Lab Launch
We would like to take the opportunity to invite local Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths related businesses and education providers to a networking opportunity at the exciting unveiling of our state-of-the art scientific laboratories at The City of Liverpool College, supported by the LEP Skills Capital Investment Fund.
Attendees must RSVP (no walk-ups on the day)
The itinerary is as follows:
16:00 Drinks and canapés
16:30 Welcome and tour of STEM facilities
16:35 Facilitated networking discussion: ‘Shaping education for the STEM workforce: Opportunities, gaps and strategic directions’
17:15 Official opening of the STEM Centre followed by networking drinks and canapés
The College feels that strong links with industrial partners and employers is essential for the future. We are keen to have input from you as to your employment and training needs, and how these facilities can support you. Particularly, the need to address the concerns of employers that STEM graduates do not always meet their business needs. A facilitated networking discussion will take place which will aim to identify:
• Employers’ perspectives on skills valued and needed and opportunities and gaps in existing education programmes.
• Employers’ perspectives on anticipated future skills trends and how education can keep up with rapidly evolving needs.
• Current education programmes – what has worked well and what has not, and new practices in STEM curriculum development.
• Enablers and impediments (including support and funding mechanisms) to professional skills development for STEM.
• How best to continue to foster dialogue between STEM employers and education to meet evolving skills needs.
There has been over a year of planning, consultation and research to design and build the most effective and sustainable facility that will excite our scientific learners, and equip them for the needs of employment or training at degree level and a career beyond. We are now ready for the grand opening.