Actions and Detail Panel
Step Up and Be the Best: Academic Writing Style: What’s Expected, HEL 209,...
Mon 31 October 2016, 15:00 – 16:00 GMT
Writing for an academic audience demands a particular writing style that follows certain conventions. This workshop aims to clarify the nature of academic writing style.
- Are you new to/out of practice at writing academic essays?
- Are you unsure what writing style is expected?
- Have lecturers commented that your writing style is not appropriate?
This session will help you to:
- appreciate the importance of supporting your ideas with reference to the "experts"
- understand the main conventions of academic writing e.g. use of formal language; accuracy, conciseness and preciseness of expression; adopting a cautious voice.
- approach academic writing with confidence.
Part of the ‘Step Up and Be The Best’ week organised by the Forensic and Investigative Sciences Course Group, in collaboration with the Employability Service and Study Skills Plus.
Recommended to level 5-7 students
This session is for Anglia Ruskin Forensic and Investigative Science students ONLY!