Actions and Detail Panel
Stepping into Self-publishing (2): marketing your book
Sat 20 May 2017, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
Want to get your work noticed? Now your book is published and out there, how do you make your work visible?
How do you build your author platform? We show you how.
Who it’s for: writers with a completed manuscript (fiction or non-fiction) ready for publication who want guidance on marketing and promoting their book
In this three-hour workshop you as a participant will:
- identify the challenges of making your book visible in a crowded industry
- learn how to use social media to build your platform and promote your work
- gain knowledge of other promotional tools and techniques
- develop a personal marketing plan for your work
By the end of the workshop you will be ready to use a variety of promotional tools and techniques to market your work.
The workshop is interactive and includes group work, and one-to-one time with the tutor.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- Stepping into Self-publishing is in two separate sessions, which can be booked independently. Those booking both, qualify for a 10% discount
- Members of writing groups, creative writing students and those over 60 also qualify for a 10% discount
If you would like to attend and qualify for the discount, please book online and you will be given your refund on the day.
The earlier workshop is called Stepping into Self-Publishing: getting your book to Market.
The course tutor, Ellie Stevenson (@Stevensonauthor) is the author of three novels, a collection of short stories and 70+ articles for magazines/websites. She is a writing coach and helps people achieve their goals. You can succeed!
Previous Comments on the Workshops and Tutor
‘I found it useful to be able to focus on achievable steps in order to reach the final goal.’ Dianne Lee.
‘Very motivational and instructional.’ Karen Pettigrew.
‘It was useful to have the opportunity to clarify my plan. It’s all so doable.’ Robert C Day.
‘Very useful professional focus treating writing seriously.’ Workshop participant.
‘I certainly got value for money. Ellie helped me see my manuscript in a new light with her inspired suggestion for a revised starting point, as a result of which I reduced my word count and tackled a number of other issues. I wish I had done it sooner!’ T. Kemp.