Join us this festive season to make our Special Stollen, the traditional German sweet bread encasing a rich almond filling, that is folded to represent the infant Christ in his swaddling clothes…
Sara Ward will welcome you to Hen Corner with fresh coffee and homemade treats. After an introduction to our time together you will have opportunity to stroll around the garden visiting the chickens and bees, then off to the conservatory and kitchen to prep & preserve…
We’d love you to join us as we welcome in the season to the sound of carols and roll up our sleeves for some Christmas baking
We are pleased to bring you this London Christmas baking course.
Our time together will include:
- An introduction to Hen Corner
- Making an enriched dough for the stollen
- Preparing our special almond paste for the filling
- Folding and shaping the Stollen
- Creating a personalised mincemeat using your favourite fruit, nuts & tipple
- Baking the stollen and potting up the mincemeat
Each guest goes home with a goodie bag including recipe sheets, your Special Stollen, personalised mincemeat and the confidence to make more for friends and family.
‘Sara was very friendly and warmly welcomed us to her kitchen and lovely garden. She made me, a bread making novice, feel at ease and went on to completely demystify the process as we kneaded…’ Frances, TripAdvisor