Actions and Detail Panel
Stop It Do It - Health Coaching
Fri 9 June 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
A one day Health Coaching programme facilitated by Dr Tim Williams, GP at Sothall and Beighton
Encouraging patients to take an active role in their own healthcare is at the heart of person centred care and Health-coaching is one way to to engage patients in the process of becoming more activated. The premise of coaching is that people are resourceful and will know the best solutions for their own problems.The STOPIT.DOIT model has been based on many years of experience of patients’ personal success stories and follows an intuitive path towards behaviour change.
This session will be useful for anyone who is involved in working with people to support a person centred approach to promoting health, wellbeing and care planning including :
- Clinical and non-Clinical Practice Staff;
- Community Nurses;
- Community Support Workers;
- Staff working in community to support Person Centred Care.
This one day programme will help you to:
- Learn to ask the right questions, set motivational goals, understand the obstacles and barriers to success, and discover the importance of eliciting your patient’s ideas to achieve the outcomes they want.
You will leave the session:
- Equipped to get started with a health-coaching approach with your very next patient and be able to explain the model to your peers.
Teas and coffees will be provided; please bring your own lunch or there is a café on site where you can purchase sandwiches.
For more information please contact