Actions and Detail Panel
Stories, Stones and Bones Funding Workshop
Tue 15 November 2016, 14:00 – 16:30 GMT
Do you have a fascinating story from your community you wish to explore? Would you like to learn about your area's local history, customs or traditions?
As part of the Scotland-wide celebrations of the Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology 2017, we want to inspire people to get involved in learning about and enjoying their heritage for the first time. We are offering grants of £3,000 to £10,000 to projects which engage new people and a wider range of people with their history.
We are running a free funding workshop on Tuesday 15th November 2016 for first time applicants to the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The session will include:
- An overview of the funding available and advice on how to apply to Stories, Stones and Bones
- Guidance on what we mean by outcomes
- Case studies of previous projects we have funded
- Top tips for your funding application
- An opportunity to discuss your project ideas with staff from the Heritage Lottery Fund
At this workshop we’ll also talk about the heritage you could explore from researching local historic landmarks, learning about natural heritage, unearthing the history beneath your feet to delving into archives.
This event is aimed at first-time applicants or with limited experience of applying to the Heritage Lottery Fund.