Actions and Detail Panel
Strategic Communications Training
Mon 22 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 BST
Brexit. Trump. Alternative Facts. As campaigners, communicators and influencers, we have a lot to learn from the events of the last year. Changing people’s hearts and minds is a huge challenge, especially when we have limited budgets and little capacity.
Our training can help you tell stories with reach. And it's completely free for charities working in London.
“ It completely changed the way I communicate my organisation’s messages.” Cat Whitehouse, Pathway
Over the course of a day, our Equally Ours workshop will help you to:
- Think about how you communicate in a different way.
- Explore and understand the evidence of what works when talking about social issues, including insight from brand new research carried out in London.
- Learn practical tools to help you communicate complex information, whatever your budget or experience.
- Apply your learning to your own work.
Part 1: Strategic communications 101
- Why is it so hard to change people’s minds about important issues?
- Introduction to framing and values-based communications
- What works and what doesn’t?
Part 2: An in-depth look at the evidence on public attitudes and how organisations are changing the way they talk about social justice, equality, human rights, poverty and violence against women to deliver change.
Part 3: A practical workshop to help you to change how you talk about your work.