Actions and Detail Panel
Mon 31 October 2016, 10:30 – 16:30 GMT
This one day course is suitable for all levels of photographer from complete beginner to advanced and aims to introduce the practice of Street Photography. It is concerned with improving the personal work that all participants are making and increasing the chances of a successful hunt.
In the classroom, the group will talk about optimum camera set-ups, how to interact with subjects and legal rights. Participants will look at the work of the masters of street photography and discuss how they got their shots and what lead them to such brilliant subjects. Also covered is looking at how street photographers have reflected their times and reinvigorated its limits so that each participant can too.
More than any other approach street photography allows the opportunity to develop the eye so there will be a substantial practical session followed by a critique of work produced and suggestions for how to keep progressing and improving and ways to iron out problems experienced.
The focus of this course is not on technical ability but on developing the creative side of your photography.
For further information or to book over the phone, please call us at the office on 020 7608 0000.
In the studio:
- Street photography as an expression of your personality: A look at the masters
- Camera setups and lenses
- How to act in the street and what your legal rights are
- Methods to discover and hone your instincts
In the street:
- What do street photographers see that others don't
- How to shoot people without feeling intimidated
- Practical advice as you shoot
- The where and when of street photography
Back in the studio:
- Review of participants' photographs from the day with guidance on how to improve and where to go to keep getting your pictures
Requirements: Digital SLR Camera / Bridge Camera / Compact
Don't have your own DSLR camera?
If you don't have your own Digital SLR camera then there's no need to worry. You can hire one of ours for £15 per day.