Actions and Detail Panel
Fri 2 December 2016, 13:30 – 16:30 GMT
Stress management is about increasing productivity and operating at peak performance. With the right level of stress you can achieve as much as you are capable of, not to mention a higher chance of enjoying what you do when you are at it. Stress can be a positive thing, which drives us on and helps us to grow, develop and be stimulated. However, when stress reaches a certain level, it can overcome a person's ability to cope and can impact on their physical and mental health.
The word 'stress' is used to describe the physical and/or emotional response to the demands and pressures that modern living means we come under from time to time. In today’s world, we experience a lot of demand for our time, inputs and contributions to the organisation we work for and the society at large. Such demands are increasing as the world is getting more complex, due to all the technological progresses and this can inevitably lead to more stress.
Who should attend?
This is a Level 1 course suitable for anyone who wishes to understand personal stress and examine techniques and approaches to stress to develop the coping mechanisms necessary to deal with the demands and pressures of modern day life.
Delegates will receive
- 7 Guided learning hours (GLH)
- Personal coaching from an expert trainer
- Manual and support materials
- Guided role-playing
- What is stress
- What is the impact of stress at individual or organisational level
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of stress
- Coping mechanisms
- What are the myths about stress
- How to use the power of mind to its fullest capacity to get back in control of your life
- How correct breathing can help you to become more productive
- How to use the power of positive thinking to master the art of stress management
- Understand how stressed you are, what it means for you and how it impacts your life
- Monitor your stress level and detect when it is reducing your performance
- Anticipate and resolve stressful situations systematically using time-based and people-based techniques
- Respond to stressful situations using a variety of powerful techniques and become more productive
- Use autosuggestion and imagination to full extent to manage your stress level
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses
and onsite corporate training