Actions and Detail Panel
Structural-Safety: The Latest Reports
Wed 10 May 2017, 17:30 – 21:00 BST
Structural Safety: The Latest Reports
Structural Safety, the confidential reporting committee, will present the latest reports on recent structural failure incidents in the UK.
Each report seeks to:
• Collect confidential data on the concerns of structural engineers, civil engineers and others
• Provide comments in relation to these concerns
• Collect data from public sources on failures, collapses and relevant incidents
• Consider whether unacceptable risk exists, or might arise in the future
• Promote a positive attitude to learning from experience
• Influence change to improve structural safety
Speakers will discuss four incidents of structural failure, providing greater insight into what caused the failure, the impact of actions taken, and what could have been done to manage or mitigate the risk. There will be opportunity after each case study for an audience-wide discussion.
The event is a fantastic opportunity to contribute toward your CPD.
The speakers wish to bring the latest reports to the lecture. As such, full details of the case studies to be discussed will be released nearer the event.
The final report is confirmed as being the City Gates collapse (speaker: Dr Alastair Soane, Director of Structural-Safety).