Actions and Detail Panel
Student Learning Analytics with Jisc
Wed 26 April 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Student Learning Analytics is an area of growing interest within the strategic planning community and HESPA is therefore pleased to work with Jisc to offer an event which will bring planners and their colleagues in IT and other departments up to date with what has already been achieved in this area, as well as looking at what the future might hold.
We will share information about Jisc-led activities which have taken place over the last couple of years and discuss what has been achieved and how others can get involved. Institutional representatives who are further down the track will present case studies to share their good practice and identify pitfalls for others to avoid. We will also discuss governance and next steps.
The workshop will offer examples and an approach that colleagues can use to learn more about how learning analytics is being used, the challenges facing institutions and what the Jisc service offers.
The session will benefit institutions at all stages of implementing learning analytics, even those who are just setting out on a new journey.
- Learn about the Jisc learning analytics service and how it can complement existing or future data and analytics implementations in their institution
- Discover examples of existing practice and deployment of learning analytics solutions
- Discuss pitfalls and challenges around data collection and quality
- Explore legal and ethical challenges in relation to data governance and learning analytics
- Consider the future data analytics opportunities, benefits a national data strategy and the Jisc service