Students and Trainees as Teachers in Medical, Veterinary and Dental Science
The Academy of Medical Educators' 7th Annual Academic Meeting, 13 December 2016
Please note: Early Bird Registration closes 29 July 2016
This one-day conference will cover important debates concerning the role of peer-led and near-peer teaching in medical, dental and veterinary education.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Wendy Reid, Director of Education & Quality, Health Education England
- Jim Mackey, Chief Executive NHS Improvement
- Dr Jamie Read, NIHR ACF in Medical Education Research, Plymouth University; STR Geriatric Medicine
- Professor Derek Gallen, Dean, Cardiff University School of Postgraduate Medical Education and President, Academy of Medical Educators
Other speakers will be announced in due course. We expect the meeting to be attended by medical, veterinary and dental educators, students and practitioners in training, health service managers, policy makers, medical school and LETB/Deanery staff, researchers in medical education and associated healthcare professionals.
There will be a number of parallel sessions in which researchers and practitioners will present new work focussing on innovative ideas, practical, strategic and visionary issues and areas of special interest.
The programme includes:
- Keynote presentations
- Workshops and parallel sessions
- Refreshments and a hot buffet lunch
- Awards ceremony and Poster Prizes
Download the draft programme from our website: http://www.medicaleducators.org/Academy-Annual-Academic-Meeting
Please bookmark the site and call back for updates.
6 CPD points apply.
Save This Event
When & Where
Academy of Medical Educators
The Academy of Medical Educators is the professional organisation for all those involved in medical education – the education and training of students and practitioners in medicine, dentistry and veterinary science.