Join the Progressive Students National Forum 2016 on Saturday 15 October 2016, 10am – 5.30pm
STUDENTS FOR JEREMY CORBYN – opposing cuts, fees, war and defending
Where: Student Central, Malet Street London
Book your FREE place TODAY.
Come along to this year's Progressive Students National Forum for a day of high profile speakers, networking with student activists from acros the country and discussion on how we can be at the heart of a movement defending Jeremy Corbyn and the new kind of politics he represents.
* Shelly Asquith, NUS Vice President Welfare
* Barbara Ntumy, Deputy President of London Met SU & NUS National Executive
* Senator Fintan Warfield, Sinn Fein
* James Schneider, Momentum National Organiser
* Shakira Martin, NUS Vice President Further Education
* Deej Johnson, Momentum Youth and Students (BAME Rep)
* Christine Shawcroft, Labour Party National Executive
* Hannah Dualeh, Equality, Liberation & Access Officer at Bristol SU and NUS Black Students’ Committee
* Sabby Dhalu, Stand Up To Racism
*James Elliott, NUS Disabled Students’ Officer
* Mick Burke, economist for People’s Assembly Against Austerity & Socialist Economic Bulletin
* Miriam Kane, NUS International Students’ Committee
* Lindsey German, Stop the War Coalition
* Kate Hudson, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND)
* Sami Ramadani, Iraqi Democrats
* Kofi Klu, PanAfriindaba
* Mike Wongsam, Unite Against Fascism
* Fiona Edwards, Student Assembly Against Austerity & Student Broad Left
* More special guests and speakers to be announced soon!
- Supporting Jeremy Corbyn and his new kind of politics
- Building the left in NUS – defending the new NUS President against the right wing attacks
- Building a movement to end austerity – support the Student Assembly Against Austerity
- Fighting for free education – no cuts, no fees, no debt
- Uniting against racism and opposing attacks on immigration: no to scapegoating, Islamophobia and the far right
- Brexit negotiations: stop the Tories from giving up free movement of people and the EU social and environmental gains
- Taking on bigotry: advancing women, LGBT, Black and disability rights
- Stop climate chaos – keep fossil fuels in the ground, green jobs now!
- Power to the people: scrap Trident, hands off the Middle East, Africa & Latin America, justice for Palestine
If you have any questions about this event please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.