Actions and Detail Panel
Substance Misuse Level 1
Fri 9 December 2016, 09:15 – 16:30 GMT
This introductory one day course is for anyone who has not had any previous substance misuse training, or who would like to update their knowledge of young people’s substance use. It is also for workers who are not familiar with the Bristol Youth Links substance misuse support services for young people in Bristol
This one day course will help workers to improve their knowledge of young people’s substance use and forms an important foundation for those wishing to improve their skills in talking to individual young people about whom they are concerned.
- Patterns of substance use among young people
- Myths, facts and our own beliefs and values about substance use
- Factors that increase risk • Identify young people who are vulnerable
- Talk to a young person about the risks associated with their drug and alcohol use, using the substance used screening tool (SUST) as a framework
- Signpost and referral to young people’s drug and alcohol services
Please note this course is mapped to the following DANOS standards:
- AA1: Recognise the indications of substance misuse and refer to specialists
- AB4: Contribute to the protection of indviduals from harm and abuse
- AD1: Raise awareness about substances, their uses and effects
- AF1: Carry out screening, referral and assessment
- AG3: Assist with the transfer of individual between agencies and services
4YP Bristol Trainer Network
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
email@example.com - please email for more information
Is this course free?
All courses are free to professionals working in the Bristol area and are delivered on a multiagency basis. If you cannot attend you must let us know 5 working days before the course or you will be charged £30
What if I don't work in Bristol?
You can still apply to attend the training, but you will be charged £30 for half day courses and £60 for full day courses. Where courses become oversubscribed priority will be given to applicants from the Bristol area
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Please contact us if you would like to transfer your place to a colleague from within your organisation
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No - you will be asked to sign in on arrival
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
If you have contacted us to inform us that a colleague will be taking your place, please ensure they update us with their details at the event when they sign in by crossing out the name of the person who originally booked.