Actions and Detail Panel
Successfully Negotiating the Transition from Primary to Secondary School
Fri 21 April 2017, 09:00 – 12:30 BST
About the Event
Transition from primary to secondary school involves many changes that can be both exciting and worrying to children and their families. Alongside the excitement of making new friends, being treated in a more adult way and learning new things, comes uncertainty about exactly what the new school will be like and worries about stricter teachers, more homework, not being able to make friends and being around older pupils.
This training event seeks to provide schools with a wealth of practical ideas, activities and strategies to support students make a positive transition from primary to secondary school by building their resilience, self-esteem, confidence and key skills to make new friends.
Benefits of Attending
- Examine what makes a successful transition
- Explore the risks factors that might impact on a child’s ability to cope with transition
- To provide delegates with a range of resources that promote resilience, improve self-esteem, confidence and the development of key friendship skills amongst children making the transition.
Who Should Attend
Transition Leaders, Heads of Year, Headteachers, Assistant Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Year 6 and Year 7 teachers, PHSE leads, SENCOs, Inclusion Managers, Inclusion Support Staff, Teaching Assistants, Learning Mentors and Youth Workers.
What Previous Delegates Said
- ‘I really liked the opportunity to try out the resources’
- ‘Very welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful facilitator’
- ‘Useful training and great to get so many resources to take away’
- ‘Really useful ideas and resources for transition work back at school’
A number of free places are available to schools within the Uckfield Town Schools’ Alliance (i.e. Nutley, Manor, St Philip’s, Harlands, Holy Cross and Rocks Park primary schools).
For further Information contact:
John Khan – tel: 07846137597 or email: email@example.com