This course introduces you to the art of sugar flowers covering a range of techniques and materials as well as showing you how to get the most out of your equipment. (Please note that this course concentrates on creating the individual flowers and we do not cover wiring together flower sprays.)
The course covers:
• Gumpaste, Flowerpaste and Pastillage – what’s the difference?
• Basic cutwork flowers
• Getting the most from your flower cutters
• The handmade sugar rose & rose bud
• Ruffle flowers
• Lace flowers
• Pulled flowers
• Adding depth with dust colours
• Arranging and attaching your flowers
You will need to bring:
• An apron
All other materials and tools are provided - you will take home your creations arranged on a display board as a reference and inspiration for when you practice your new skills at home. Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout the day.
To book your place use the form below, call 01258 817809, email Julie@icemaidencakes.com or pop in to the shop.