We believe that suicide is everybody’s concern, and that individual tragedies can be prevented. We aim to increase awareness around the subject and to help remove the stigma which can be a barrier for those who need help and support in a time of crisis.
This free half-day training seminar enables participants to:
- Examine their own attitudes
- Find out about (and challenge) the myths that surround suicide
- Discover the likely suicide risk factors and warning signs
- Find out how they might help someone at risk of suicide and self-harm
- Take advantage of a great networking opportunity
Who Should Attend?
The training is supported by funding from Derbyshire County Council and is free to attend for those living or working in the county. The seminar is suitable for all, but particularly valuable for those whose work is more likely to bring them into contact with people at greater risk of suicide and self-harm.
Active participation in the seminar is encouraged with group work and open discussions.
Please note that due to funding restrictions we are unable to provide training to the Derby City area; however the SAT team can work with employers in the city to tailor the course for their staff, and client group. Please contact us for more information email@example.com