As last year, Tango Movement and APARU (The Association of Argentine Professionals In the United Kingdom) are joining efforts to raise as much money as possible for children in need in Argentina.
- Live music to dance to by Los Mareados
- Special guest Victor Villena, bandoneon player of the Gotan Project!
- A special Tango Movement Student Show
- Performances by David & Kim Benitez
- Music lovingly selected by David & Kim Benitez
- Argentine wines and empanadas (savoury pastries) by Chango Empanadas
- A professional photographer
- Designer shoes by Comme Il Faut
- Chance to win two flight tickets to Argentina (Buenos Aires and Patagonia) with hotels and airport transfers inlcuded!!
All proceeds to go to registered Argentine children charities. Let's give back to the country that has given the world tango! The two projects APARU is supporting this year are:
FUNDACION ALMA (Soul Foundation) was created in 1976 and it provides health care and assistance in pediatric diagnosis and treatment. Since 1980, the foundation operates the ALMA Hospital Train for Children which reaches poorest villages and populations in the north of Argentina and delivers free medical and dental care. The staff in the Train are volunteer medics who also fulfil an important sanitary education role for local populations and teachers who receive basic pediatric care and sanitary information.
FUNDACION PEQUEÑOS GESTOS, GRANDES LOGROS (Small Gestures, Big Achievements Foundation) founded by the Argentine singer, Patricia Sosa, when she received a letter from a population of Toba Aboriginal in Argentina calling for help to prevent the extinction of their people in the Province of Chaco. The foundation helps Toba aboriginal through sanitary, educational and immediate assistance campaigns. This year the organization plans the following programmes: improvement of housing facilities, health treatments against Chagas, dental assistance and educational activities at two of the schools in the region.
This event is kindly sponsored by Chango Empanadas.