Actions and Detail Panel
Summer Party Planning Masterclass
Tue 15 August 2017, 13:00 – 16:00 BST
Half Day Masterclass with canapés and bubbly
Calling all summer-loving hosts, hostesses and event planners! We are lucky enough to be running a limited number of seasonal masterclasses on board a luxury motorcruiser docked at Swanwick Marina, Southampton. We'll set up on deck for a glass of bubbly and a fun exploration of summer party perfection. Join our experts as we look at concepts for luxury, seasonal events including summer celebrations and soirees to try at home or at work. This is a fun and informal workshop and spaces are limited!
Discounts available here:
Duration: Approx. 3 hours (13.00-16.00) with refreshment breaks
Who's it for: Perfect for those with a passion for party planning or wanting to explore their ideas more. Perhaps you have an event in mind already or just want more confidence in planning events in the future. No experience necessary.
Included: Bubbly, refreshments, canapés, professional expert advice, stationery packs, a course handbook, competition prizes and hands-on activities. All materials are provided. If you have a particular event or theme in mind, feel free to bring magazine cuttings, fabrics and samples with you.
Meeting point: Outside The Boathouse Cafe, Swanwick Marina, we'll then head to our venue.
Accessibility: Please note, this venue is not accessible for those with wheelchairs or walking impairments. We apologise in advance. We will not be sailing during this workshop.
What can you expect?
- A host of talks, inspiring imagery and interactive sessions with activities to give you confidence in tackling your own design projects and events at home or at work
- Expert advice from creative event planners with years of experience with practical examples to share
- The opportunity to brainstorm and shoot questions to the trainers throughout the day and really benefit from having a professional in the room
- All our courses provide delegates with a handbook packed with useful event design toolkits, event plan templates and advice sheets to take home after the event
- Refreshments served throughout the session. Our full day courses also offer lunch and nibbles
- The chance to create your own luxury event concept board, playing on the industry techniques you will be exploring
- A fun and accessible journey through the various elements of luxury event planning
- Arrival with Prosecco and canapés
- Meet your expert for the day
- Introduction to the events industry
- The Design Process: How to start planning
- Ideas and inspiration: Finding your creative flow
- How to host a summer party
- Alfresco party planning
- Summer event theming
- Colour, pattern and texture analysis
- Essential event elements
- The guest experience and storytelling
- Venue selection and scouting
- Entertaining at home
- Creative catering and menu design
- Adding luxury styling to your event
- The finishing touches
- Event concept workshop using professional event design resources and techniques
- Closing remarks with Prosecco and canapés
Want to know more? Give us a buzz!
We also offer half day and full day masterclasses on creative event planning and wedding design. Visit our Organiser page here for info on our other sessions.
Date and Time
(Meet outside The Boathouse Café)
Swanwick Marina, Swanwick Shore Road