Actions and Detail Panel
Summer Transition Camp 2016
Mon, 22 Aug 2016, 10:30 – Fri, 26 Aug 2016, 16:30 BST
A tailor made week long programme designed for students coming from year 6 into year Buxton Schools' year 7 in September. You will be working alongside experienced staff and young volunteers leading on our very successful home grown VProject@Buxton programme which encourages everyone to create a culture of community action amongst young people. We want to provide great learning activities and opportunities for every student, so that you can share your skills and talents within your communities. Particiapants will be:
* Exploring your interests and using these to make a difference
* Learning through action
* Preparing to participate in KS3 PiXLEdge programme
* Gaining new skills that employers and colleges want
* Having a say on the issues that are important
* Getting recognition for the work you do
* Making new friends
* Building confidence
* Adding to records of achievement
* Preparing to take your Duke of Edinburgh Award programme
This programme will prepare Septembers' year 7's for their new school environment, help them to navigate their way around the school and feel part of our community on the first day of their new school.
Buxton School has been running summer transition programmes for 5 years and both participants and parents tell us that it has been a very rewarding experience as the first day of term is less daunting.
Monday to Friday 10.30 to 4.30. Lunch will be provided.