Actions and Detail Panel
SUNDAY SEWING SESSION: ADVANCED BEGINNERS: ALL DAY 9-6PM (23. 4. 17)
Sun 23 April 2017, 09:00 – 18:00 BST
Want to make your own clothes, and no idea where to start? Great news - we teach you!
On this intensive sewing day - you will learn how to make two garments from start to finish in a gorgeous working fashion studio, and leave with the knowledge of how to work from a pattern to create your own clothes. We pack 4 classes into this all day session - perfect for busy ladies (or gents!) who might not be able to commit to our evening classes.
All the tutors who run this course are expert designer / sewers - we love teaching and passing on all our industry secrets!
You will make:
1. A pretty printed shift top
Fresh and pretty, this printed top can be worn with your slouch pj pants at home - or like us, wear it with denim as a fashion piece for Spring/summer 17......... we made ours in a flamingo print with hot pink pom pom edging - loving our prints this season!
Making this top, you will cut and pin your fabric using the pattern we provide for you, sew darts, facings, finish your garment and embellish it.
2. A pair of gorgeous printed Pj slouch pants
These pretty printed trousers will be made by you in a contrast printed cotton, they are fastened with a comfy elasticated waist and ribbon trim.
This will teach you about sewing of curved seams, the importance of the 'rise' in trousers, sizing, leg length and finishing. After you have made your cotton pair, you can then start on a new pair - maybe in a fluid crepe, an essential for your spring wardrobe - we love our formal-yet-easy-wear slouch pants in the studio!
Sewing level required:
* You must be able to use a sewing machine - this is level 2 and you must be able to do the following without guidance:
1. Be able to sew straight lines
2. understand back tacking at the start and end of a a row of stitches
3. Understand seam allowances
4. Have made simple projects: cushion cover, easy tote for example.
5. Understand threading the machine and can thread a machine easily
6. Have cut fabric using a basic pattern: eg cushion.
* Please note: this course is not for absolute beginners who do not know how to use a machine.
If an absolute beginner - take our intro to sewing class to learn these skills, and come to this class another time!!
* 8 hours tuition from experienced tutors- these talented ladies are experienced design professionals who work in the fashion / costume industry throughout Ireland and the UK.
* All equipment and tools required.
* Endless tea, coffee and sweet treats throughout our busy day
* All MaryRose's tutors are trained to degree level or eqivalent: you will learn professional techniques as used in the fashion industry.
* Your sewing patterns are also included in the price - and you take these away.
Just think - this is the start of sewing your own clothes! Plus - you will be skilled to start on even more gorgeous projects having learnt so much in one day.........
What to bring with you:
* 1.5 metres of cotton or poly cotton printed fabric, minimum width: 145cm
* Small button to fasten back neck
* 1 x spool of thread to match your print
* A small length of shearing elastic in black or white
* 1.5 metres of woven trim: lace edging / ric rac / something lovely no wider than 3cm, to edge your top
* 2.5 metres of printed cotton poplin or a poly/cotton blend - this must be 145cm wide minimum
* A roll of 1.5cm white or black elastic
* 1 x spool of thread to match your chosen print
* Ribbon: 80cm of 1.2/1.5cm satin ribbon
Lunch is not provided - we will have our lunch break from 1pm-2pm.
We all deserve a well earned lunch after the morning sewing session, and the studio will close to allow everyone to enjoy a relaxing break for an hour.
We are only a few minutes from central Belfast, so you can easily find yourself munching on something delicious in a lovely local restaurant or cafe, while catching up on sewing tips and craic with your new friends from class. You can then head back refreshed and ready to go in our afternoon session!
We provide patterns from size 8 up to size 20 - make for yourself or for another lucky person!
Max in class: 4 We keep our classes small and friendly - loads of teacher attention......
Cost of class: £99 all day sewing session
Why choose our sewing classes?
DESIGN, CREATE, SEW, INSPIRE - we love all things to do with sewing and fashion design!
By joining our classes, you will learn to sew in an actual fashion design studio which is used daily by MaryRose and her talented team creating many stunning designs every year. You will surrounded by her exquisite fabrics, dreamy trims and all the sewing equipment you could think of.........and best of all - you will learn from those who live it as a career.
MaryRose is a multi award winning womanswear & bridal designer, who has worked for many high street and international brands during her years spent in the London fashion industry. Oasis, M&S, Debenhams, Matthew Williamson & Jasper Conran are just a few of the well known labels she has enjoyed designing for to date.
She also works as a freelance fashion trend forecaster - by forecasting up to 18 months in advance, she always has her finger on the pulse of the fashion industry.
When possible, MaryRose also works in costume, and recently spent time working in Game Of Thrones Principal Costume Department.
She also is a part time & guest lecturer on the fashion and design courses at the University Of Ulster and Belfast Met.
STUDIO NUMBER: 02895 215683
*****IMPORTANT******PLEASE READ BELOW AND E MAIL******* IMPORTANT*******PLEASE READ******
Please e mail the following to us at email@example.com on booking:
1. Your name, mobile number and e mail address.
2. Your bust, waist and hip measurements in cm's only please
* Classes are non refundable but can be transfered to an alternate date if 14 days notice is given in advance of class starting.
* Before booking, read info correctly to ensure the attendee can sew to required level required: VERY IMPORTANT
* Classes can be transfered to a different date once booked - provided that notice of cancellation is received a minimum of 14 days in advance of the reserved Workshop. Please call us on 02895 215683 to inform us and then confirm in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is because of the nature of our Workshops and the limited availability of places - our classes are small.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do our best to accommodate you on a different day. You may send someone in your place if you prefer. You should let us have their contact details (name, address, e-mail address and telephone number) in advance so that arrangements can be made where possible and confirmation details can be passed on.
* No name transfer of attendees - one person to attend all 4 classes, the classes can not be split between several people.
* Students to attend alone - please do not bring friends / children.
* Some courses may include homework to do at home - please ensure this is prepared as requested to ensure class is not held back.
* In exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel a Workshop. If this happens we will give you as much notice as possible and will try to accommodate you on a different date, or refund your fee paid, whichever you prefer. We do not accept liability for travel or other costs.
* Fabrics advertised: All inclusive fabrics and trims provided - if we discover the fabrics and trims we are supplying are unavailable from our suppliers, we reserve the right to replace the fabrics and trims provided to an alternative suitable quality & the same value in a similar design.