San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Matera, located in the Southern Italian region of Basilicata has been awarded the title of the 2019 European Capital of Culture in Italy. Why would the city of Matera want to represent European culture in 2019? From the ‘50s onwards Matera has been an important place for experimentation and innovation. It has attracted great filmmakers and artists, and it has been a fertile ground for successful collaboration between locals and those from outside the community.
Matera, European Capital of Culture 2019 is the place of beauty and heritage
Matera has assumed a challenging commitment: to create and share new cultural, social and economic models for the Southern Mediterranean regions, Italy and Europe dwelling on its vast cultural and historical heritage.
The goal of Matera as European Capital of Culture in 2019 is to show its values worldwide. These include: collective intelligence as a potential resource for development, sustainable and innovative use of cultural and natural assets; reconnecting art, science and technology; people and ideas’ mobility and the relationship between participation, culture and citizenship.
Matera represents the “City of creativity” , where “wherever you look.. beauty is all around". It s a land of stories where the ancient past has left an indelible sign . From industry to leisure , Matera , “Città dei Sassi” is an "open minded workshop where ideas and projects can flourish”
The goal is to develop, within the framework of the local crafts, the creative industry that encapsulates the essence of Basilicata Region , an ancient territory full of heritage and beauty.
Starting from www.mappingbasilicata.it ,the project financed by the Region and implemented by Sviluppo Basilicata, three Brand , CASAMATERA, B-WEAR & BASILICATA FINEFOODS has been launched worldwide.
We want to became a drive for thinkers and visioners,a bridge for Northern and Southern regions of Europe.
- 7.00 pm Creative industry and internationalization: the strategic role of Basilicata Region. Speaker Giandomenico Marchese, Head of Regional Development policies, training and research
- 7.15 pm The role of Italian Trade Promotion Agency. Speaker Fortunato Celi Zullo, Director ICE London
- 7.25 pm The role of the cultural education, Speaker Aurelia Sole, Magnificent Rector University of Potenza, Basilicata
- 7.40 pm MIRABILIA, a Project for Italian Cities of UNESCO, Speaker Luigi Bodrin, Secretary General of the Chamber of Commerce of Matera
- 7.55 pm Matera 2019, the importance of communication Speaker Rosella Tosto, Responsible Director TRM Network
- 8.10 pm MappingBasilicata, a project for branding SMEs, Speaker Elisabetta Vignando, UN Advisor.
- 8.20 pm Craftsmanship and design, the excellencies of the territory, MIM and CASAMATERA, Speaker Paolo Rigamonti, NABA - New Academy of Fine Arts in Milan
- 8.30 pm Testimonials Francesco Paolicelli, Managing Director Lady Cucine Srl Gio Tirotto and Studio John Pepe, Designer CASAMATERA
This ticket gives you free entry to Tent London & Super Brands London, please bring your ticket with you.
When & Where
London Design Fair
London Design Fair hosts the largest collection of international exhibitions, designers, brands, country pavilions and galleries in one destination during the London Design Festival.
Located in the creative heart of East London, the London Design Fair is a four-day industry event that brings together 500 exhibitors from 29 countries, including; independent designers, established brands, international country pavilions, and galleries.
As the destination of the annual London Design Festival over 25,000 influential; retail buyers, architects, interior designers, press, designers and design-savvy public attend to see and specify the very latest; furniture, lighting, textiles, materials and conceptual installations from around the world.