Actions and Detail Panel
SuperSmart: 3rd Workshop / 1st Labelling Board Assembly
Wed 12 October 2016, 15:00 – 17:30 CEST
SuperSmart is an EU project to speed up the uptake of more energy-efficient refrigeration, heating and cooling solutions for Europe’s food retail sector by reducing its energy use, lowering its environmental footprint, and increasing its economic benefits.
The 3rd public workshop will present results from a European-wide survey on non-technological barriers to the uptake of more efficient supermarkets, and provide an overview of progress made for developing training material on topics such as how to build and maintain an energy-efficient supermarket and refurbish an existing one, choose computational tools for monitoring its performance, and choose best-available technology.
The 1st Labelling Board Assembly will then focus on developing criteria for the new EU Ecolabel for Food Retail Stores, especially for requirements regarding refrigerants and HVAC&R technology used. Participants are especially encouraged to provide input to the development of such criteria during the workshop and by expressing their interest in becoming a partner in one of the 3 Expert Panels.
1st part: Presentation of Project Results
- Welcome and introduction to SuperSmart, incl. progress report on development of training material and how to participate in SuperSmart activities
- Presentation of results from a European survey & research project: Removing non-technological market barriers for energy-efficient food retail stores
2nd part: Development of an EU Ecolabel for Food Retail Stores
- Overview on the EU Ecolabel and existing national ecolabels for grocery stores
- Criteria development within the SuperSmart project
- Results from the first stakeholder survey on the EU Ecolabel for food retail stores
- Product Group Scope and Definition
3rd part: Interactive Workshop: Presentation and Discussion on first Draft Criteria and Compliance Verification for HVAC&R for the EU Ecolabel
Space is limited to max 50 participants, allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Light snacks and drinks will be served.
If you cannot join us please also visit the SuperSmart team during the Chillventa trade show days from 11-13 October, at the shecco booth in Hall 7 - booth 616.