In line with the National Occupational Standards reflecting sector-specific needs, these qualifications provide a thorough understanding of food safety procedures emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
Who needs these qualifications?
Managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. Particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP-based food safety management procedures and systems.
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
- Ability to implement andsupervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross-contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
This course is brought to you by Hull CVS and SOVA
Please note lunch is NOT provided with this course.
When & Where
Hull Community and Voluntary Services (Hull CVS)
A registered charity, Hull CVS has been supporting the sustainable development of voluntary and community groups and promoting volunteering in Hull since 1981.
Our work is guided by the values of promoting justice, equality and improving quality of life.
Whether you are a small community-led group or a large one with paid members of staff Hull CVS is here to help you.