Whilst around 8% of young people hear things that other people don’t, only a third of these are distressed by them. Even those with very distressing experiences can learn ways of understanding & dealing with them.
This one day workshop offers the opportunity to:
- Gain a deeper understanding about the experience of hearing voices
- Consider the implications of different models of understanding voice-hearing on a young person & their family (including psychological, biomedical and spiritual)
- Explore the link between voices, emotions and difficult life experiences
- Enhance your toolkit of strategies to support young people distressed by voices and visions
- Hear positive examples of resilience and recovery
We require applicants to have previous experience of the Voice Collective ethos prior to booking on to this Level 2 course (i.e. our CORE Module - previously known as Level 1 - or inhouse training).
If you have not attended previous Voice Collective trainings, we require you to complete our online Level 2 Access Questionnaire prior to attending the course. Please download the pre-quesionnaire essential learning materials from http://bit.ly/1oFK8SG for more information on this.
If we do not recieve the completed questionnaire one week prior to the course date we will have to cancel your place.
We are able to offer our training for free to people who live or work in Greater London. Those from outside of Greater London can access our training for £90 (voluntary sector organisations) or £120 (NHS, statutory or commerical organisations). If you work for a small voluntary organisation, are committed to supporting young people who hear voices and cannot afford the registration fee - please let us know. We will help where we can.
Important Information (Please read before booking)
- This course open to people who support children and young people (in a variety of settings, including as peers or family) and who have attended a previous Voice Collective workshop or who can demonstrate that they fully understand the Voice Collective ethos.
- As our courses are often oversubscribed, please only book your place if you are confident you are able to attend for the full day.
- Please answer all questions on booking form as we use these to ensure that attendees are in our target group. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure we have all the information necessary to make this decision. If you apply, but do not appear to work with or support children/young people or do not give us the information we need, we reserve the right to cancel your place. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision. The project's team decision is final.
- If you are applying for a paid place - we prefer payment by credit/debit card, however we can - if necessary - send an invoice. Please ensure we have the correct information for the invoice. For NHS/Statutory services this incldues any necessary Purchase Order reference number and correct invoicing address.
- Certificates of attendance will be given out on completion of the workshop.
- Whilst this course is FREE to attendees, we reserve the right to charge a £25 administration fee for non-attendance on this course, unless we receive a cancellation in writing (via email) at least three working days prior to the event. If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place as early as possible. This enables us to offer spare places to people on our waiting list, and decreases the likelihood of places going to waste.
When & Where
Voice Collective is part of MIND IN CAMDEN. Contact Eve, Clare or Rai on 020 7241 8978
Email: email@example.com | Web: www.voicecollective.co.uk