This course has been successfully delivered to childminders and early years practitioners working in settings in Derby City in the last 12 months. In our evaluation 100% of participants showed an increase in confidence in assessing and identifying children and providing strategies to support their speech sound development.
This course will enable practitioners to further understand:
- Ages and stages of speech sound development.
- Typical speech sound processes.
- Planning, strategies and resources to support speech sound development.
- Creating an environment conducive to speech sound development.
- How to enable parents to support speech sound development at home.
- How and when to refer to the NHS Speech and Language Therapy service
Who will benefit from this programme?
This course is effective for practitioners who have concerns about children in their care who have speech sound difficulties.
What does the programme include?
- An evening of high quality training from Specialist Speech and Language Therapists.
- Practical activities and introduction to a range of resources and strategies to try out with your children.
- An opportunity to discuss your children with Speech and Language Therapists
- A self-evaluation tool to audit your existing practice and identify development areas for improvement.
- Handouts from presentations to refer to when back in your workplace.
- Opportunities to discuss children's needs with qualified Speech and Language Therapists.
For further information, please contact Jo Flanagan or Bibiana Wigley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01332 404265.