San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- explore and develop self-awareness in relation to loss, grief and bereavement
- recognise physical and emotional reactions to grief
- gain an understanding of what parents may need when they are faced with the death of their baby
- be aware of current guidelines, research and initiatives around baby loss and bereavement support
- be aware of current baby death statistics and data
- relate theories of grief to practices in the workplace
- gain an insight into differing faiths, beliefs and cultures
- explore and experience ways to support ourselves and our colleagues
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK and other support organisations and resources available
Who should attend
An introductory workshop for all those whose work brings them into contact with families grieving the loss of a baby through miscarriage, termination due to fetal anomaly, stillbirth or neonatal death.
Save This Event
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.