Sussex Cyber Security Cluster - Launch
Do you actively work in Cyber Security and are you based in Sussex?
Come along to our free Sussex Cyber Security Cluster Launch event starting at 2pm on Friday 14th November 2014 In Brighton.
The Sussex Cyber Security Cluster (SCSC) is part of a national network of clusters collaborating and communicating through the UK Cyber Security Forum (UKcybersecurityforum.com).
Membership is primarily aimed at small and medium-sized companies actively working in or alongside cyber security sectors, whilst acknowledging the need for collaboration with local and central government, larger employers in the region, universities and schools.
The aim of the Sussex Cluster is to gather local stakeholders together to enable Sussex to achieve its strategic objectives detailed in the Greater Brighton City Deal.
Membership is free of charge and following the launch on 14th November regular themed meetings are planned with specialist speakers covering sector-specific areas including:
- Cybercrime, digital forensics and intelligence, investigations and admissible evidence
- Innovative cyber security product design - success stories, collaboration with academia, challenges and opportunities
- Legislative compliance requirements e.g. PCI DSS, ISO27001, DPA, HMG, ACPO, RIPA etc
- ICT - Intrusion Detection and prevention, penetration testing, malware, access control etc
- ICO - penalties, fines and reputation damage
- Training and awareness, insider threat and culture change
- Dr Emma Philpott - founder Malvern Cyber Security Cluster, CEO IASME, appointed lead for all national clusters
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- Julia Chanteray - President of the Brighton and Hove Chamber of Commerce
- Arrival and registration
- Welcome and introduction
- Keynote introduction
- Keynote Speaker
- Keynote Speaker
- Q&A Panel
- Networking and close
When & Where
Lockcode Cyber Security
Lockcode Cyber Security sponsors and runs South East Cyber. Originally launched in November 2014 as the ‘Brighton Cyber Security Cluster’ we immediately expanded to Sussex and as registrations for events started appearing from across the South East Region, expansion to ‘South East Cyber’ was a natural progression.
Initially specialising in the defence and intelligence sector, Lockcode has supplied information and cyber security services to central Government, law enforcement and the criminal justice system since 2004. In 2015 and 2016 we also supplied the HMG-funded Cyber Security Small Business Champion.
Lockcode's founder has over 34 years’ experience and education in science, technology and engineering with over 18 years’ experience delivering specialised and value-added Government and industry information and cyber security services.