Out of Hospital Model - Voluntary Sector Briefing & Mapping Event
Jointly facilitated by CWPT, VAC and Warwickshire CAVA.
10.00 – 12.00 Thursday 2 March 2017
Coventry Ricoh Arena Community Space
Please note, spaces are limited and specific to organisations providing services as listed below
To bring voluntary sector providers up to speed with the developing Out of Hospital model, and to identify potential services & resources they can bring to the model and how the central & local hubs can access these.
Voluntary organisations from across Coventry & Warwickshire covering:
- Care & practical support for frail older people
- Mental health providers including counselling & other therapeutic interventions
- Support for family carers
- Advice services resolving financial & other practical problems to prevent crises
- End of Life services
- Specialist services for very vulnerable service users or communities, e.g. people with learning disabilities, Domestic Violence & Abuse, sexual abuse, alcohol dependency, etc
Presentation & questions followed by two sessions – one on local hubs, one on the central hub – what can organisations potentially offer to the model? Record more specific detail on services & the practicalities for moving this forward.
VAC & WCAVA organised a voluntary sector briefing on the Sustainability & Transformation Plan (STP) in September where organisations briefly flagged up potential contributions they could make to the STP as service providers.
A key element of the Proactive & Preventative Workstream within the STP is the development of an “Out of Hospital” model where more support is provided closer to where people live rather than in hospital to reduce hospital admissions and the duration of hospital stays.
CWPT have been working with a range of partners on a hub-based model for services in the community and there were public events w/c 28 November focusing on the principles and outcomes this model is seeking to achieve.
As well as a briefing on the model as it currently stands, this 2 March event offers the opportunity to feed into the operational detail of the model, particularly in mapping potential voluntary sector skills, knowledge & services.
For Directions and information about the venue go to
When & Where
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
Warwickshire CAVA provides the following support to the Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations and groups within Warwickshire:
- Funding advice/Support
- Group support/Development
- Community Development
- Strong Representation under COMPACT
- Community Payroll
Warwickshire CAVA supports volunteers across the county, providing the following:
- Volunteering Recruitment and Referrals
- Campaigning and Promotion
- Good Practice in Volunteer Management
- Youth Volunteering
- Transport Projects